The Office of Housing and Assistance is comprised of the Individual Assistance Bureau, the Disaster Reservists Bureau, and the Disability Integration Advisor and will also include all of our efforts to work with the different volunteer organizations that we deal with before, during and after a disaster.
- Individual Assistance: During a Presidential Disaster Declaration, Individual Assistance programs can aid homeowners and renters with housing needs and necessary assistance.
- Disaster Reservists: MEMA’s Disaster Reservist program was created to provide a corps of trained and experienced Mississippians who can be activated on an as-needed basis to meet staffing needs during emergencies. The program keeps a database of individuals with skills and experience that may be used during disasters. Click here to apply online or learn more information.
- Disability Integration: Disability Integration staff provide day to day leadership, advice and guidance in all aspects of emergency management in order to ensure that individuals with disabilities of all ages are provided equal access, receive timely and appropriate services and are fully integrated into planning, response and recovery activities in a disaster.
- Small Business Administration: During SBA or Presidential Disaster Declarations, the SBA can offer low-interest loans to disaster victims.
- State Temporary Housing Program: During non-Presidential Disaster Declarations, the program may be able to reimburse rental costs to citizens who are displaced from their homes for more than 72 hours.