Lorri Freeman, Manager of Public Relations – 228-218-0840 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Singing River Electric crews were joined by eight different Mississippi electric cooperative crews today and six contract crews. The crews, working together, will continue to work into the night to restore power to southeast Mississippi.
- As of 4:20 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 8, we currently still have 15,158 members without power. That is down from 32,950 at 6:43 this morning.
- Of that 15,000+, 2,049 are from George Co. – down from 7,092 earlier in day
- 256 from Greene Co. – down from 1,413 earlier in day
- 71 from Harrison Co. – down from 176 earlier in day
- 12,731 from Jackson Co. – down from 23,834 earlier in day
- 6 from Mobile Co. in Ala. – down from 152 earlier in day
- 18 from Perry Co. – down from 255 earlier in day
- 26 from Stone Co.
“We were able to see good progress today. Successfully organizing power restoration takes strategy, preplanning and large amounts of manpower,” said general manager and CEO Mike Smith. “We reached out prior to Hurricane Nate’s landfall to request the necessary help and feel that we have the resources to join our linemen and complete the restoration efforts.”
It is very important that Singing River Electric members take the time to report their power outage. When reporting the outage by the SmartHub app or by phone, the outage goes directly into the outage management system and can be assigned to a serviceman or crew.
Outages can be reported in two ways:
- Download Singing River Electric’s SmartHub app to report power outages quickly and to view a live outage map. The app can be downloaded from our website located at www.singingriver.com.
- Outages can also be reported by calling 228-497-1313 or 601-947-4211 and pressing 1. Phone lines are very busy due to high number of outages. Please keep calling.
Power outages during a hurricane are most often caused by trees or limbs falling onto power lines and lightning damage to electrical equipment. Singing River Electric dispatchers are on duty around the clock, SRE linemen and visiting crews are working to restore power to members as quickly and safely as possible.
Outage updates and other information will be posted to Singing River Electric’s Facebook/Instagram (singingriverelectric) and Twitter (@SRECooperative) accounts, as well as on www.singingriver.com. Outage reports cannot be taken on social media.
Singing River Electric is an electric distribution cooperative owned by its nearly 74,000 members in Jackson, George, Greene, Perry, Wayne, Stone and Harrison counties in Mississippi, as well as Washington and Mobile counties in Alabama. The cooperative strives to provide quality, responsive electric service and be an active participant in the local communities served.