PEARL – The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has received reports of damage from eight counties as a result of severe weather that moved through the state this morning through the afternoon.
The counties reporting damages are as follows:
- Hinds: Minor street flooding.
- Jones: Trees down.
- Rankin: Minor street flooding.
- Scott: Trees down and minor flooding.
- Sharkey: Damage to a few homes and one business.
- Warren: Street flooding in Warren County and Vicksburg.
- Washington: Minor street flooding.
- Yazoo: Minor street flooding.
According to the National Weather Service, some areas of the state received nearly six inches of rain. In the Grace community in northern Issaquena County, 5.91 inches were reported. A rain gauge in Yazoo city collected nearly three inches. The Jackson metro area had more than 2 inches.
Updates of reported damages will be released as they become available.
MEMA urges the public to report damages to your local Emergency Management Agency. For a list of contact numbers for your county, visit www.msema.org/local-ema.
The public is encouraged to follow MEMA on Twitter and Facebook for updates. For up-to-date information in real time, download the free MEMA app on your iPhone or Android device. Just search for MEMA in the app store.