BROOKHAVEN – The Brookhaven-Lincoln County Civil Defense and Emergency Management Agency is reporting damage to homes, electrical and gas lines, as well as blocked roadways as a result of severe storms that moved through the northern part of the county and the city of Brookhaven last night.
“We are asking folks to be patient as city, county and utility emergency crews work to clear areas and restore services,” said Lincoln County Emergency Management Director Clifford Galey. “Please stay off the roads in the affected areas for your own safety and that of our workers.
Initial damage reports show:
- Nine homes/mobile homes with major damage.
- Eight homes/mobile homes and two businesses with minor damage.
- Numerous roads blocked by debris.
Utility Service Information:
- Entergy estimates power restoration to homes that can take power may be 9 p.m. Saturday night.
- Magnolia Electric estimates power restoration by late Saturday afternoon.
- CenterPoint Energy estimates gas service restoration by Saturday afternoon.
Residents are asked to report any damage sustained in the storm to the Emergency Management office at 601-833-8561.