PEARL – The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has the following recovery updates from the severe weather and tornadoes that caused extensive damage throughout the state Dec. 23 through 28:
- FEMA damage assessment teams arrived in North Mississippi Monday afternoon and have started joint assessments with MEMA and local officials. The results of the joint damage assessments will be used to determine what types of federal assistance may be available.
- For monetary donations to help those affected by the storms, go to www.msdisasterresponse.org. The website is administered by the Mississippi Commission for Volunteer Service.
- Marshall County:
- Donations center at the Multi-Purpose Building located at 235 N. Memphis St., Holly Springs.
- For those wanting to volunteer, a Volunteer Reception Center is located at the First Baptist Church, 109 East Collage Street, Holly Springs or call 662-252-2269.
- Tippah County:
- Donations centers at the Walnut Baptist Church, 28290 Hwy. 15 in Walnut and the Oakland Baptist Church, 1871 County Rd. 101 in Walnut.
- For those wanting to volunteer, a Volunteer Reception Center is located at the Walnut Fire Department, 27880 Hwy 15 in Walnut or call 662-223-4115.
- Benton County:
- Donations center at the Ashland Church of Christ, corner of County Rd. 4 and County Rd. 5 in Ashland.
The State Emergency Operations Center remains partially activated with key agencies to assist local governments with storm recovery.
MEMA will provide updates as information becomes available. The best way to get up-to-date information is to “Like” MEMA on Facebook, or “Follow” on twitter @msema.