PEARL – The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has received a report of one death, several injuries and storm damage in seven counties as a result of the ongoing severe weather moving through the state.
The counties reporting damages are as follows:
- Coahoma: One death and damage to several homes.
- Lafayette: Trees and power lines down.
- Marshall: Power outages and trees down.
- Panola: Reports of injuries and damage to homes. Trees down and power outages.
- Perry: Damage to a home.
- Tate: Damage to homes and businesses.
- Tunica: Reports of injuries and damage to homes and a church. Power lines down.
According to the National Weather Service, most of Mississippi is still at risk for severe weather. The main line of thunderstorms is moving east, but is not expected to move out of the state until early Sunday morning.
Damage report updates will be released as they become available.
The public is encouraged to follow MEMA on Twitter and Facebook for updates.