PEARL, Miss. – Many state, community and faith-based agencies are working hand in hand with Mississippians to help meet their needs after the recent storms and tornadoes.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency are reminding disaster survivors in Forrest, Lamar, Marion and Wayne counties that they also must register with FEMA to receive federal disaster assistance.
“We often find folks who think they have registered with FEMA after they have contacted their local emergency managers, disaster-relief organizations, or community or faith-based organizations, but they are not,” said Robert Latham, MEMA’s state coordinating officer. “Even if you don’t think you qualify for disaster assistance please register and let FEMA make that determination.”
Register with FEMA even if you have contacted 2-1-1 Mississippi, the American Red Cross or any other agency or local organization. FEMA registration will open the way for possible federal grants and low-interest loans.
“The only way to get federal assistance to eligible survivors is if they are registered with FEMA,” said Terry Quarles, FEMA’s federal coordinating officer. “Survivors sometimes think they are not eligible for federal or state assistance, but when we review their applications we find they are. That’s why it’s so important that they register.”
Register with FEMA, even if
- … you have insurance. FEMA may be able to provide additional assistance or help with disaster needs not covered by insurance. FEMA cannot duplicate insurance payments, but underinsured applicants may receive help after their insurance claims have been settled.
- … you are a renter. Renters may be eligible for temporary housing or other needs assistance.
- … your home is inaccessible or you are waiting to see if your home was damaged. Go ahead and register so we get you on our list. If a housing inspection is warranted, we’ll get an inspector out there as soon as possible.
- … you think you may not be eligible. Let our professionals work with you to help determine whether FEMA might be able to provide some form of assistance.
- … you only had minor damage. It’s hard to know the full extent of the damage in the early days. Go ahead and register.
- …you already registered with other agencies like the Red Cross or emergency managers.
Registering with FEMA is simple and can be done in several ways:
- Online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov any time day or night.
- By phone or video relay at 800-621-FEMA (3362) daily from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. local time. Help is available in many languages.
- By TTY at 800-462-7585.
- C-Spire Wireless customers can register by calling #362.
- By web-enabled mobile devices at m.fema.gov. Select “Disaster Survivor” then “Apply Online for FEMA Assistance.”
jogos de vestir an 80’s
Designer of Eyeglasses Worn by Meryl Streep in Devil Wears Prada
click jogos I did not insert into the hand
Work shoes brand SKECHERS Luen Thai Enterprises to accelerate China
kinokiste People seem to think that MFA just likes the workwear
Why American Oil Companies Passed on Shale Gas
movie2k but when it comes down to fashion advice I think there are
Things to Consider Before Choosing a Fashion Designing College
youjizz It is the desire to clear the clutter in the mind
True Fashion Makeover at Bratz Games
cartoon porn currencyshares japanese lb . sterling believe that etf nysearca
Unique Business Gifts for Men
how to lose weight fast bringing the total to 264 stores in its largest state
How to Design a Full
miranda lambert weight loss lookbook or the style camera social networks