Storm Damage Reported to MEMA from Feb. 23.
Feb. 25 11 a.m.
National Weather Service:
7 Tornadoes confirmed so far, NWS surveys continue:
• EF-2 in Lamar Co., winds 115 mph.
• EF-1 in Lamar Co., winds 90 mph.
• EF-1 in Pearl River Co.
• EF-1 in Lincoln Co., winds 90 mph.
• EF-0 in Simpson Co., winds 80 mph.
• EF-0 in Forrest Co., winds 75 mph.
• EF-0 in Yazoo Co., winds 85 mph.
One death in Lamar County just west of Purvis, mobile home resident.
Two injuries in Claiborne County.
Eight homes major/destroyed.
Damage Breakdown by County:
Claiborne: Four homes major damage, three homes minor.
Greene: One home minor, seven farm structures destroyed.
Lamar: One mobile home and two farm buildings destroyed, 15 homes and 1 business minor, one death.
Pearl River: Three homes major, 12 minor.