PEARL – The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has received reports of damage related to a cold front that moved through the state Friday and Saturday.
Two counties have reported damage to MEMA:
- Adams: Damage to two homes.
- Smith: Damage to one home and one business.
The National Weather Service confirmed five tornadoes across the state related to this event.
- Adams: An EF-2 tornado touched down in the Kingston area, damaging two homes.
- Adams: An EF-1 tornado touched down in the eastern part of Adams County.
- Rankin: An EF-1 tornado touched down in the eastern part of Rankin County.
- Simpson: An EF-0 tornado touched down in the northeastern part of Simpson County.
- Smith: An EF-1 tornado touched down in the Pineville area, damaging one chicken house, one barn and one mobile home.
MEMA urges the public to report damages to your local Emergency Management Agency. For a list of contact numbers for your county, visit www.msema.org/local-ema.
The public is encouraged to follow MEMA on Twitter and Facebook for updates. For up-to-date information in real time, download the free MEMA app on your iPhone or Android device. Just search for MEMA in the app store.