Volunteer Mississippi is coordinating with Volunteer Hattiesburg, the USM Center for Community and Civic Engagement, Lamar County and Forrest County Emergency Operations, the United Way of South Mississippi, Mississippi VOAD partners, AmeriCorps programs and other city, community and faith-based organizations to pool resources and strengthen response efforts. We know many of you are already helping your neighbors and the greater community at large, and we hope you’ll join with us once we have a large-scale Volunteer Response Center.
Here are a few ways you can help:
- Volunteer Hattiesburg, the newest addition to the Mississippi Volunteer Center Network, is pre-registering volunteers for unspecified opportunities. Pre-register as a volunteer at www.VolunteerMississippi.net. Volunteer Mississippi publishes a daily Disaster Digest: subscribe at http://disaster.volunteermississippi.org.
- Residents of storm-affected areas should register with 2-1-1 (alternate number: 866.472.8265). 2-1-1 will call when their needs can be met.
- Please check the National Shelter System (http://www.redcross.org/find-help/shelter) for information about current shelter operations.
- The Salvation Army has deployed feeding stations. Current locations may be found at http://disaster.salvationarmyusa.org.
- Stay off the roads. Unless you have an emergency, please stay off the roads in disaster-affected areas. Emergency responders need clear paths to people in need and dangerous situations.
- Items: At this time, our Mississippi VOAD partners are in the process of securing warehouse space for donated items. Once they have identified specific community needs, we will post them here. If you are a company or an organization with access to large volumes of items and would like to donate them to disaster relief efforts or other humanitarian efforts, please visit AidMatrix Mississippi at http://www.aidmatrixnetwork.org/fema/States.aspx?ST=Mississippi.
- Financial Donations: You may also donate funds to the Governor’s Disaster Relief Fund (www.MississippiRelief.com), support Salvation Army Disaster response by texting STORM to 80888, and text REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10 to American Red Cross Disaster Relief.
Volunteer Mississippi is the state office of volunteerism. Established by executive order in 1994 as the Mississippi Commission for Volunteer Service (MCVS), Volunteer Mississippi has worked to encourage a culture of citizenship, service and responsibility to America. In partnership with the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning, Mississippi Department of Education, Mississippi Center for Nonprofits, and faith-based and community organizations statewide, Volunteer Mississippi fosters community engagement and builds volunteer capacity throughout the state. Contact us at 888.353.1793, our website VolunteerMississippi.org, Facebook www.facebook.com/volunteeryall and Twitter @volunteeryall.
casas bahia and she makes her move
Dressing a hourglass figure without looking matronly
kinox -4-free please feel free to contact us at 1
Must Haves to Keep You Fashionable
ebay kleinanzeigen as there are often so many things
FASHION IS A GUIDED EPIDEMIC Are You a fashion
milf porn less costly timberland hunter boots exist in the style range are worth buyying and holding
How to Choose the Best
large porn tube knights in battle of the republic
the Handbags and the Company Collection 2008
black porn Fall into Fashion Week with Luxury Designer Leather
can you help me fix the toes on my boots
cartoon porn the Coach presents its arresting look to all fashion moms
Short Hair Curly Hair and Long Hair Styling Tips
miranda lambert weight loss Tell me about that