Help for Louisiana Residents Impacted by Hurricane Ida
Available FEMA Assistance:
- Louisiana survivors in the disaster-declared parishes can apply for Individual Assistance through FEMA by calling 1-800-621-3362 or by visiting DisasterAssistance.gov
- Find more information about FEMA Individual Assistance for Louisiana residents here
- FEMA Transitional Sheltering Assistance
- Allows for temporary, short-term accommodations for eligible survivors
- Frequently Asked Questions about Transitional Sheltering Assistance
- A list of participating hotels can found here: www.femaevachotels.com
*After applying for federal assistance, FEMA will call your phone directly, so please be sure to answer even if it’s a number you don’t recognize!
- Renters in the 25 Parishes designated for Individual Assistance who were impacted may be eligible for assistance.
- Learn more information about FEMA assistance for renters here
- ALL Types of FEMA Assistance Available for Louisiana Hurricane Ida Survivors
- Click here to visit FEMA’s Hurricane Ida page
Beware of Fraud & Scams:
- Tips for avoiding fraud following Hurricane Ida can be found here.
- FEMA Rumor Control
- If you experience fraud, report it immediately!
- Contact the FEMA Fraud Investigations and Inspections Division at 1-866-223-0814 or StopFEMAFraud@fema.dhs.gov
Louisiana Shelter Openings:
FIND A SHELTER – Anyone in the affected area that needs a safe place to stay should call 211, visit redcross.org, call 1-800-RED CROSS (800-733-2767) or download the free Red Cross Emergency app for shelter locations.
- You can also text “LASHELTER” to 898-211
- Louisiana survivors who are currently sheltering out-of-state can reach Louisiana 211 by dialing 1-800-755-5175.
- Lamar Dixon – Gym: 9039 S St Landry Ave ., Gonzales, LA 70737
- Assumption Community Ctr: 4910 Hwy 308, Napoleonville, LA
- Raising Cane’s River Center: 275 S. River Road, Baton Rouge, LA
- Estelle Playground: 5801 Leo Kerne Lafitte Pkwy, Marrero, LA
- Kings Grant Playground: 3805 15th St, Harvey, LA
- Live Oak: 0830 Old LA Hwy 16, Denham Springs, LA 70706
- Henrietta Johnson Rec. Center: 2800 Burg Jones Ln., Monroe, LA
- Liller Marbles Rec Center: 2950 Renwick St., Monroe, LA
- Belle Chasse High School: 8346 Hwy 23, Belle Chasse, LA
- Berwick Civic Center: 300 Patti Dr., Berwick LA. 70342
- Siracusaville Recreation Bldg.: 1110 Grace St, Morgan City, LA 70380
- Amelia Rec Center: 2109 Duhon Rd,, Amelia, LA 70380
- Patterson Civic Center: 116 Cotten Rd, Patterson, LA
- GOHSEP – Hurricane Ida Page
- Crisis Cleanup Hotline: 844-965-1386
- For New Orleans Residents – Ready Nola Assistance
- Text “NOLAREADY” to 77295
- Information on Louisiana road closures can be found at www.511la.org
- US Army Corps of Engineers – Operation Blue Roof
- The purpose of Operation Blue Roof is to provide homeowners and permanently occupied rental properties in disaster areas with fiber-reinforced sheeting to cover their damaged roofs until arrangements can be made for permanent repairs.
- Residents who live in Louisiana parishes approved for FEMA Individual Assistance are eligible to apply.