Help for Louisiana Residents Impacted by Hurricane Ida
Available FEMA Assistance:
- Louisiana survivors in the disaster-declared parishes can apply for Individual Assistance through FEMA by calling 1-800-621-3362 or by visiting DisasterAssistance.gov
- Find more information about FEMA Individual Assistance for Louisiana residents here
- FEMA Transitional Sheltering Assistance
- Allows for temporary, short-term accommodations for eligible survivors
- Frequently Asked Questions about Transitional Sheltering Assistance
- A list of participating hotels can found here: www.femaevachotels.com
*After applying for federal assistance, FEMA will call your phone directly, so please be sure to answer even if it’s a number you don’t recognize!
- Renters in the 25 Parishes designated for Individual Assistance who were impacted may be eligible for assistance.
- Learn more information about FEMA assistance for renters here
- ALL Types of FEMA Assistance Available for Louisiana Hurricane Ida Survivors
- Click here to visit FEMA’s Hurricane Ida page
Beware of Fraud & Scams:
- Tips for avoiding fraud following Hurricane Ida can be found here.
- FEMA Rumor Control
- If you experience fraud, report it immediately!
- Contact the FEMA Fraud Investigations and Inspections Division at 1-866-223-0814 or StopFEMAFraud@fema.dhs.gov
Louisiana Shelter Openings:
FIND A SHELTER – Anyone in the affected area that needs a safe place to stay should call 211, visit redcross.org, call 1-800-RED CROSS (800-733-2767) or download the free Red Cross Emergency app for shelter locations.
- You can also text “LASHELTER” to 898-211
- Louisiana survivors who are currently sheltering out-of-state can reach Louisiana 211 by dialing 1-800-755-5175.
- GOHSEP – Hurricane Ida Page
- Crisis Cleanup Hotline: 844-965-1386
- For New Orleans Residents – Ready Nola Assistance
- Text “NOLAREADY” to 77295
- Information on Louisiana road closures can be found at www.511la.org
- US Army Corps of Engineers – Operation Blue Roof
- The purpose of Operation Blue Roof is to provide homeowners and permanently occupied rental properties in disaster areas with fiber-reinforced sheeting to cover their damaged roofs until arrangements can be made for permanent repairs.
- Residents who live in Louisiana parishes approved for FEMA Individual Assistance are eligible to apply.