PEARL, Miss. (MEMA) – Mississippi homeowners, renters, business owners and nonprofits in Amite, Hancock, Harrison, Jackson, Pearl River, Pike, Walthall and Wilkinson counties who had property damage or other uninsured losses caused by Hurricane Ida have less than one week left to apply for federal disaster assistance.
The deadline is Dec. 22.
If you live in one of the eight counties included in the Major Disaster Declaration for Individual Assistance, you can apply for help, update your contact information, ask questions about a letter from FEMA, get information about FEMA home inspections, or learn how to appeal a FEMA decision by:
- Visiting gov, calling 800-621-3362 or using the FEMA mobile app. If you use a relay service, such as video relay service (VRS), captioned telephone service or others, give FEMA the number for that service. Multilingual operators are on duty seven days a week from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. CST.
You should have the following information available to apply:
- Address of the primary dwelling where damage occurred;
- Your current mailing address, telephone number and Social Security number;
- Your insurance information;
- Total annual household annual income;
- Routing and account numbers for checking or savings accounts for direct deposit; and
- A description of disaster damage and losses.
Applicants should mention any access or functional needs they may have when applying. FEMA can provide American Sign Language and multiple language interpreters, real-time captioning and information in alternate formats such as Braille, large-print, audio and electronic versions. The agency also provides free services to help survivors communicate with its staff and understand FEMA programs.
The U.S. Small Business Administration offers low-interest disaster loans to homeowners, renters, businesses of any size and private nonprofits, including houses of worship, to repair/replace damaged or destroyed real estate, machinery and equipment, inventory and other assets.
Apply for an SBA loan online at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela or call SBA at (800) 659-2955. Individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing may call (800) 877-8339. That deadline is Dec. 22 as well.
For the latest on recovery efforts following Hurricane Ida, please visit www.fema.gov/disaster/4626.