PEARL, Miss. – The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency continues to respond to the severe weather event that impacted the state on April 9-10, 2021. The National Weather Service has surveyed and confirmed a total of four tornadoes across the state:
- Attala County: EF-1 with winds of 95 mph
- Lincoln County: EF-1 with winds of 95 mph
- Marion County: EF-1 with winds of 105 mph
- Rankin County: EF-0 with winds of 75 mph
There are still no reports of any injuries or fatalities as a result of the severe storms.
The following counties have submitted preliminary damage reports to the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency:
- Attala – 10 homes; 3 businesses
- Chickasaw – 23 homes; 2 farms
- Hinds – One home
- Issaquena – One home
- Marion – 24 homes; one farm
- Pontotoc – 5 homes
- Rankin – One home; one business
- Warren – 3 homes
- Yazoo – One home
*These are preliminary numbers and could change throughout the assessment process.
If there are any unmet needs, MEMA encourages residents to contact your county emergency management agency. A list of those county contacts can be found here.