MEMA’s mobile phone app allows the public to find emergency information, preparedness tools, and weather alerts, along with several other options like statewide highway information. The app is free to download and available to iPhone and Android phone users by searching for MEMA in the iPhone or Android app store.
iPhone – Click here
Android – Click here
The following is a description of each button within the app:
- News – This button leads the user to MEMA’s news releases. During a disaster, this is where the user can get critical information in real time.
- Ask MEMA – This button allows the user to ask MEMA a question. This is not an emergency service and is not monitored 24/7, but we will try to respond to you as quickly as possible.
- Weather Alerts – This button shows current weather alerts for a specific county chosen by the user, updated in real-time. Statewide alerts can also be selected to see alerts from around the state.
- Facebook – This button shows the user MEMA’s Facebook page, even if the user does not have a Facebook account. This button is also in real-time.
- Twitter – This button shows the user MEMA’s Twitter feed, even if the user does not have a Twitter account. This button is also in real-time.
- YouTube – Takes the user to MEMA’s YouTube page. The videos within this button are also updated in real time.
- Disaster Guide – This button features preparedness information on every disaster that Mississippi faces, like Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Earthquakes, Radiological, Flooding, and Winter Weather.
- My Plan – This button helps users prepare for any disaster by providing a checklist for preparedness kits. It also allows the user to store important documents on the phone. This information is stored locally on your phone. MEMA does not have access to this information.
- County EMA – This button gives the user contact information and some websites for all 82 county Emergency Management Agencies and the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians.
- Traffic – This button shows the Mississippi Department of Transportation’s active traffic alerts and message signs from around the state.
- Shelters – This button links to open shelters reported to MEMA from across the state. This will give the user the ability to find open shelters in their area during a time of emergency.
- Report Damage – This button allows the user to report damage received during a hurricane or tornado or another natural event.
- Websites – This button provides links to many different helpful resources in a time of emergency.
*This app does not replace 9-1-1 for emergencies.
If you have questions or comments about the app, email email@example.com or call 866-519-MEMA (6362).