How to Register for Courses Offered by MEMA:
Step #1: Request System Access
- Follow these instructions to request access to the training course website.
Step #2: Register for a Training Course
- Follow these instructions to register for a training course.
To view classes, including Crisis Track course availability for 2023 (dates TBD), and register click here.
- Click “Resources”
If you have questions regarding MEMA’s training courses, please contact Branch Director Susan Hardy.
How to Register for FEMA’s Independent Study Courses:
Step #1: Click here to register for a FEMA Student Identification Number (SID)
- For a list of frequently asked questions and answers regarding the FEMA Student Identification Number, click here.
Step #2: View FEMA’s Independent Study Program course list here and begin the interactive web based course of your choosing
FEMA Courses are also Taught at the Emergency Management Institute (EMI) in Emmitsburg, MD:
- To view the Emergency Management Institute’s course catalog, click here.
- Click here to begin your general admissions application.
- For more information, please contact Loretta Thorpe, Preparedness Office Director at 601-933-6601
Courses at EMI are set by semesters. The first semester runs from October through March of the new federal fiscal year. The second semester runs from April through September of the same fiscal year.
Enrollment periods for both semesters are:
- First Semester: May 1 through June 30 of the previous fiscal year.
- Second Semester: Nov. 1 through Dec. 31 of the current fiscal year.