- Document Assistance Drop-off Center opening in Sharkey County and Humphreys County
- Remaining Disaster Recovery Centers close at 5:00 p.m., May 25
- The last day to apply for FEMA assistance is May 25
PEARL, Miss. – The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency and our federal and state partners continue to respond to the deadly tornadoes that hit our State on March 24-25, 2023. Currently, over 7,500 survivors have applied for FEMA assistance. However, roughly 4,000 applicants are missing the necessary documentation to complete their applications. That is why Document Assistance Drop-Off Centers have been established in Sharkey and Humphreys Counties.
Sharkey County and Humphreys County will transition their Disaster Recovery Centers to Document Assistance Drop-Off Centers. These centers will allow survivors who have already applied for assistance to drop off supporting documents, ask questions, update their applications, and get advice on appealing a FEMA determination. The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) will also be available to answer questions and assist survivors with applications for low-interest disaster loans.
These centers will operate at the following locations:
· Humphreys County: Humphreys County Library, 105 Hayden Street, Belzoni, MS 39038
· Sharkey County: Sharkey Issaquena Nursing Home, 431 West Race Street, Rolling Fork, MS 39159
Friday, May 26
Tuesday, May 30 – Friday, June, 2
Monday, June 5 – Friday, June 9
8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
(Dates and Hours are subject to change)
The following Disaster Recovery Centers will CLOSE at 5:00 p.m., May 25, 2023
- Carroll County: North Carrollton Baptist Church, 300 George Street, North Carrollton, MS
- Monroe County: Justice Court Building, 1619 Highway 25, Amory, MS
- Montgomery County: Montgomery County Coliseum, 200 Recreation Dr., Winona, MS
- Panola County: MS State University Extension Center, 245 Eureka St., Suite C, Batesville, MS
Survivors can check the status of their FEMA Assistance Application by visiting DisasterAssistance.gov, calling the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362, or through the FEMA mobile app.
The last day to apply for FEMA assistance is TODAY, May 25, 2023, by 11:59 p.m.