FEMA Mobile Unit Opening in Jasper County, Disaster Recovery Center to Close Sept. 2

Madison, Miss. –FEMA and the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) are bringing a mobile recovery assistance unit to Jasper County as the fixed Disaster Recovery Center closes. FEMA and MEMA are continuing to support people affected by the June severe storms and tornadoes.

A mobile recovery assistance unit will open on Tuesday, Sept. 5 at 8 a.m. at this location:

Jasper County Emergency Management Agency, parking lot (next to the Jasper County Justice Court)

37 W 8th Ave

Bay Springs, MS 39422

Days and Hours: Monday through Friday; 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The fixed Disaster Recovery Center at Louin City Hall (4240 MS-15, Louin, MS 39338) will close permanently at 5 p.m. on Sept. 2.

Going to a center is not necessary to apply or to connect with FEMA and its partners. Jasper County residents can continue to get information and apply for assistance by going to disasterassistance.gov or by calling the FEMA helpline at 800-621-3362. The helpline is live 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with language translation services available. If you use a relay service, such as video relay (VRS), captioned telephone or other service, give FEMA your number for that service. For an accessible video on how to apply for assistance go to, youtube.com/watch?v=WZGpWI2RCNw.

For the latest information on recovery from the June tornadoes, visit msema.org and fema.gov/disaster/4727. On Twitter/X follow MEMA @MSEMA and FEMA Region 4 @femaregion4.

FEMA’s mission is helping people before, during, and after disasters.

All FEMA disaster assistance will be provided without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, limited English proficiency, economic status. If you believe your civil rights are being violated, you can call the Civil Rights Resource line at 833-285-7448. Multilingual operators are available (press 2 for Spanish). If you use a Video Relay Service (VRS), captioned telephone service or others, give FEMA your number for that service.